1702 SE Jefferson, Olympia, WA, 98501
THIS AGREEMENT entered into this _________ day of __________, 20_____, between Marilynn A. Stephens, herein after referred to as “Landlord”, and _______________________________________________________, herein referred to as “Tenant”. The Landlord does hereby rent to Tenant the furnished duplex home described above commencing on the ________day of _______, 20_____, at a monthly base rate of Twenty Five Hundred Dollars ($2500 and 00/100 dollars), $600 holding fee applied to deposit upon move-in, and optional additional daily prorate of $85.
Payment Information: Marilynn Stephens, 2304 Columbia St SW, Olympia WA, 98501
THIS AGREEMENT IS SUBJECT TO AND CONDITIONED UPON THE FOLLOWING:
Check-out shall be by 11:00 AM on move-out day to avoid being charged for additional day. .
Tenants shall return all keys and garage door openers provided during tenancy.
Tenant shall be charged for any damage to the premises or equipment, other than normal wear and tear, regardless of cause.
Tenant shall have complied with all of the provisions of this Rental Agreement. Said waived deposit does not limit Tenant’s liability and Landlord shall have the right to proceed against Tenant to recover sums for the costs of repairs, replacement, painting or cleaning for which Tenant/s is/are responsible, together with reasonable attorney fees, as provided by law.
Tenants shall be in complete compliance with RCW 48.48.140 (3) Smoke Detector Requirement.
ACCEPTANCE: Tenant/s accept/s offered home as represented. There will be no rent reductions, adjustments or compensation due to repairs or interruptions of service, except as provided by law.
USE: Tenant/s agree/s that the premises are to be used and occupied as a private dwelling and for no other purpose by the Tenants only, consisting of __________________________________________________________________________
1. UTILITIES: All utilities, maintenance, TV service, and Internet are paid by the Landlord.
2. MAINTENANCE: All maintenance is the responsibility of the landlord. Tenant shall be responsible to properly use and operate all fixtures and appliances provided by Landlord, and, to contact the landlord or landlord representative AS SOON AS POSSIBLE in the event of any maintenance issue.
3. DAMAGES TO PREMISES: In the event that damage to the premises is the result of misuse by the Tenant, Tenant’s family or visitors, or if causes of damage are not normal wear, and cause cannot clearly be determined, Tenant will be charged for the cost of repair. Tenant shall be liable for any bills due to stoppage of plumbing when such stoppage has been the result of object(s) in the plumbing. Tenant shall be responsible for all glass breakage in the premises regardless of fault (except breakage caused by Owner). It shall be the responsibility of the Tenants to report any required repairs to the Landlord. Landlord shall not be responsible for damage or loss of Tenants’ personal property stored on the premises, unless caused by Landlord’s negligence. Landlord’s insurance does not cover Tenants’ personal property.
4. DISTURBING NOISES: Tenant agrees not to make, or permit any guest to make, disturbing noises or to commit or permit any other act, which may be construed as disturbing the peace.
5. PETS: No animals, birds or pets of any kind are permitted.
6. ACCESS: Access to the premises shall not be unreasonably requested by the Landlord or Agent or reasonably refused by the Tenant. The Landlord or Agent reserves the right of access to the premises for purposes of inspection, repairs, alterations, and improvements, to supply services and/or exhibit or display the premises to prospective or actual purchasers, renters, mortgages, workers or contractors. Except in the case of emergencies, access shall be at reasonable hours and after proper notice according to Washington State Landlord-Tenant Law, unless otherwise mutually agreed.
7. DEFAULTS: Tenant further agrees that if they violate any of the other terms or conditions of this agreement, Landlord may terminate this tenancy in the manner provided by law. In the event Landlord shall bring proceedings to evict Tenant, or if it becomes necessary for Landlord to enforce any of the terms of this agreement, Tenant agrees to pay all costs, expenses and attorney’s fees incurred and allowable by law.
8. SMOKE DETECTOR: Tenant acknowledges and Landlord certifies that the property is equipped with smoke detectors and/or carbon monoxide detectors, as required by RCW 48.48.140(3), and that the detector/s have been tested and are operable.
Tenant agrees to contact Landlord or agent in the case of a problem with the detectors.
The property does not have a fire sprinkler system or fire alarm system, emergency relocation plan, emergency evacuation plan or emergency notification plan.
THE UNDERSIGNED TENANT/S CERTIFY/IES THAT THEY HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS RENTAL AGREEMENT AND BELIEVE THEM TO BE REASONABLE. (Tenant/s also agree that they will lose their holding fee if they change their mind.)
Marilynn Stephens ______________
(360) 250-2616 cell/text